Do YOU believe in God? [poll]

What do YOU think?

I believe in God.
33%
I am not a person of faith.
50%
(I'm not sure what to believe...or I don't know.)
No votes
Other.
17%

Total votes: 6

Alan Adams
Site Admin

Do YOU believe in God? [poll]

Post by Alan Adams » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Well, do ya?

Thanks for voting! ;)

-Alan

p.s. (You do have the option to change your vote at anytime in this poll…)
Owner/Operator of alanadams.net
Head ADMIN and President of The Forum

:idea: Thank you SO MUCH for your FEEDBACK!!! :D

assmega

Re: Do YOU believe in God? [poll]

Post by assmega » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:55 pm

:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek:
HAPY BIRTHDAY Mr ADAMS!
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

btw I couldnt put in the last smiley!!! phpBB said: "your message contains too many smliez! the max is 15!!"

WHAT A SHITTY PIECE OF FORUM SOFTWAER!

oh but hey its open sauce, right? can you go in and fix teh bug for me adam?

Code: Select all

____ ____ ____ _  _ ____ ____ ____ 
|__| [__  [__  |\/| |___ | __ |__| 
|  | ___] ___] |  | |___ |__] |  |

./~"cyberwarriorz for peace and love./"~
bigup 2 my crew sixtywatt & truthful f**k dat diner dude lol
[/size]

Alan Adams
Site Admin

Post by Alan Adams » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:53 pm

assmega wrote::mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek:
HAPY BIRTHDAY Mr ADAMS!
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

btw I couldnt put in the last smiley!!! phpBB said: "your message contains too many smliez! the max is 15!!"

WHAT A SHITTY PIECE OF FORUM SOFTWAER!

oh but hey its open sauce, right? can you go in and fix teh bug for me adam?
Thank you for the birthday wishes assmega. (We’ll probably be adding a thread for just such a purpose down the road here, so long as it’s not inherently going to put The Forum users at risk for ID theft, or such.) ;)

Regarding smiles. I gave a small reply to you in the About The Forum...fifteen is an arbitrary number that was the default value, how about let’s make that number even and see how a 20 smilies max per message looks up here. 8-)

phpBB has been around since the turn of the millennia. In the circles that I’ve run in, it is the standard. It is open-source, stable, secure, and is under ACTIVE development with a knowledgeable and friendly community that supports it. The Forum is built on phpBB3, as it will remain.

assmega, thank you again for your feedback (and well birthday wishes)! We like constructive questions around here, that’s how we all grow and improve, so please do keep them coming...

-Alan

all_night_diner

Post by all_night_diner » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:12 pm

I think that the poll needs to be yes or no. The ambiguity of the second choice makes me uncomftorable.

Alan Adams
Site Admin

Post by Alan Adams » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:19 pm

all_night_diner wrote:I think that the poll needs to be yes or no. The ambiguity of the second choice makes me uncomftorable.
I appreciate that…

Just to review, the poll question here is:

Do YOU believe in God?

There are four available options available in this poll because I believe that this is perhaps the MOST significant and personal question that anyone could ever ask (…or be asked) as I have done here. 8-)

(…and to follow is some insight/clarification as to my own thought process that went into the designation these four options, as provided): ;)

:arrow: Option #1: I believe in God.
Well, that’s a pretty straight forward and simple answer. This would the equivalent of a YES answer (…if the available options were presented in a YES or NO format). If you would answer YES to this question, then this is your best pick…

:arrow: Option #2: I am not a person of faith.
What this answer is attempting to provide for are people who are atheist…and, REALLY, anyone who most immediately identifies with this statement in response to this question. You don’t have to consider yourself atheist, or necessarily identify with atheism to choose this option…but, at least in my mind, it is with respect to atheism that this option is provided. (And if NO is your answer to this question, then this may be your best pick.)

:arrow: Option #3: (I'm not sure what to believe...or I don't know.)
This was me until pretty early-on into the new millennium. Pragmatic-minded, scientific method AND logic oriented (as I very much still am)…if there is no proof, then how can I possibly KNOW what to believe?!? This option is MORE than just that, but it is exactly for this reason that I feel a simple YES or NO would not provide space for this very legitimate viewpoint.

:arrow: Option #4: Other.
Other could mean a great many things to a great many people. For me, this is a catch-all for anyone wishing to participate in this poll that isn’t feeling the first 3 options. This could be a person who (like me) isn’t a fan of most peoples’ attempts to categorize everything and everyone. (I can respect that.) This could be a person who has consciously and openly chosen to serve all that opposes God (in my beliefs, that would be the Devil). Again, this is a catch-all option that is provided for any person that feels the first 3 options are not representative of their response to this important question…so, this non-specific choice is presented freely as a possible response.

all_night_diner, THANK YOU for raising your question and voicing your desire for clarification…I hope that in my response you will find the answer(s) you were looking for! (…and, if not, then please do ask again.)

Truly,

-Alan :ugeek:

Gregorytew

Post by Gregorytew » Thu May 02, 2019 12:43 am

Return to “Religion forum”